Who we are
Our website www.earthwiseconstruction.co.uk is owned and operated by Earthwise Construction Ltd. Company Number: 9493758
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Types of data we collect about you
Personal Data we collect about you:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Mobile and home phone number
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Earthwise Construction Ltd: Pennywell Project, Unit 8, Pennywell Rd, Bristol 01173182269
How we protect your data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use our best efforts and commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You have the following rights in relation to the Personal Data Earthwise Construction holds:
- The right to data portability: this allows you to obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your own purpose across different services, for example to request that we transmit your data directly to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- The right to rectification: we will ensure that all Personal Data we hold on you is accurate and up to date, and you have a right to have any inaccuracies rectified
- The right to erasure: also known as the “right to be forgotten” allows you to request that Personal Data we hold on you is erased
- The right to be informed: you have the right to be informed about how we collect and use your Personal Data. In particular we will be fully transparent about this in any policies and communications we provide you that involves your Personal Data
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your Personal Data if there is disagreement about its accuracy
- The right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where this is based on legitimate interest, or if it’s being used for direct marketing, or if we are using it for research purposes
- The right to access: you have the right to request a copy of any of the Personal Data that we hold on you
- Rights related to automated decision-making: automated individual decision making is a decision made by automated means, without any human involvement, and you have a right to not be subject to this type of decision making.
Please be aware that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We will respond fully to your request within one month of receipt, unless we require further clarification, in which case we will notify you of this without undue delay.
Please note that you are always able to easily opt-out of any of our marketing communications at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the end of the communications you receive from us.
For further information about your rights, please consult the guidance published by the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Earthwise Construction does not currently undertake any activities that require automated decision making and profiling.